|All pictures from the manufacturers websites (Infinity, Khurasan) except the Valkrie which comes from the Tiny Solitary Soldiers blog|
My take on 15mm stand-in for the 300 points Starter Army List presented on the official Infinity website:
- Four Fusiliers (including one leader). Plenty of options for light infantry, but I went for Khurasan Miniatures because their three Sepulvedan ranges both includes female models and allow the mix of bare head, beret and helmet found in the original army while maintaining an uniform look (each range is basicaly headswaps of the models of the others). The Sepulvedan Jungle Fighters for the two guys in berets, the Sepulvedan Resistance Fighters for the barehead female and the command pack of the Sepulvedan Provisional Army Regulars for the helmeted leader. You could shave up to a further $9.50 off the bill by using just one pack for all four Fusiliers...
- One ORC Trooper. A Federal Army Rifleman, from Khurasan again. I stuck with them for this army (with one notable exception) to cut down on postage (ordering with several manufacturers means paying several times the postage) and for a certain overall conherence...
- One Croc Man. The model in the original Army is the one with the CombiRifle, but I choose to use a sniper from the Nova Respublik heavy weapons pack to differentiate it from the Fusiliers and emphasis his recon function...
- Two Sikh Commandos. I'm eagerly awaiting the Federal Navy's SPAR teams announced with the Neptune TacMech, but in the mean time the SEAL DEVGRU operators will do. Sure their modern, not sci-fi, but their cutting edge enough to do the job along sci-fi models...
- One Trauma-Doc. The various Sepulvedan command packs all have a medic, but she's kind of meeeh... Not a bad miniature but she looks like just another rifleman with a SMG. So I went with the Federal Army Medical Diorama which include a kneeling medic that will do just fine.
- And last but not least, the Cutter for which I choose an ACP Games Colonial Valkrie.
So what's the damage? Prices in Dollars include postage to New York and prices in Euros include postage to Brussels. The exchange rate used is $4 for €3.
- The official 28mm miniatures from the Corvus Belli online store: more than $125 plus about $28 for postage, or €104.60 plus €11.90 postage.
- The 15mm stand-in: $33.48 plus $6.00 at Khurasan and $20.00 plus $5.50 at ACP Games, for a total of $53.48 plus $11.50, or just over €40 plus nearly €11.
For the sake of comparison, that makes the 15mm army just under 45% the price of the 28mm one. You do however get more than 4 times more miniatures:
- 19 Fusiliers (7 riflemen in beret, 1 bareheaded female rifleman, 3 watch-capped riflemen, 2 helmeted leaders, 2 helmeted SAW, 2 helmeted RPG and 2 helmeted "medic" with SMG)
- 10 ORC troopers/Federal Army riflemen
- 1 Croc/Nova Respublik Sniper, 1 mortar with 2 Nova Respublik crewmen and 1 HMG with 2 Nova Respublik crewmen
- 8 Sikhs/Seals (6 with assault rifle, 1 with sniper rifle and 1 with SAW)
- 2 Medics/Docs (one kneeling and one standing) and 1 victim
- 3 Cutters/Valkries