|The Terran Alliance logo, should|
be fairly easy to paint
With quite a few kilograms (and euros) of unpainted lead and resin on my shelves, for various manufacturers and range, I spent ages agonizing and generally procrastinating on a global painting plan...
The latest idea is to split my collection in two big meta-faction:
- On one hand the Terran Alliance will be made of various mostly human armies using relatively low tech/near future equipment (i.e. mostly wheeled, tracked or legged stuff with a few cutting edge early grav).
- The Terran Marine Corps: the ground forces branch of the Terran Navy, a federated space force under the control or a federal earthwide government (think United Nations on steroids)
- National (or meta-national) armies: US, China, European Federation, Pacific Federation, Russia, the works...
- Colonial Defence Forces more or less affiliated to one of the above nations...
- Private concerns like big corps security forces and private military companies
- Minor alien forces affiliated to the Terran Alliance
- On the other hand the Galactic Council will regroup mainly alien armies usually using higher tech stuff and with a more space opera feel. For sub-factions I have, so far, the not-Tau (I should come up with a better name) and the Organisation of Unobtainium Exporting Planets and its Robot Army but a lots of other ideas spring to mind:
- Pretty much any 15mm company alien empire can be member of the council (e.g. Khurusan's Pelagic Dominate or GZG's Crusties)
- Some 28mm armies' background can also be adapted to fit (e.g. 40K Tau or Infinity Combined Army)
- A force of Council enforcers/stormtroopers might be a good idea too...
|And the Galactic Council...|