10 August 2013

What's in the box? GZG Spider Drones


Another short review of minis I intend to use for the Organization of Unobtainium Exporting Planets before they proceed to the painting facility.

While the CMG RAL were an "of course" choice for a droid army, I wasn't too sure about what to use for not-destroyer-droids though... Most of the GZG range legged drones seemed a bit too near-future for this (plenty of use for other forces though!)

That is until I took a closer look at those little guys!


They do have a way more space-operaish look to them and I ordered a few. They showed up quickly and I was actually surprised by their size: I imagined them a bit smaller. Even better!

They come in two versions: with twin lasers (lower row) or with a single tribarrel gun (upper row). Packed in threes they come in two parts: the legs (showed standing and "on its back") and the dome and weapons (again showing the top and bottom).
So, what do I think?
  • The legs have quite a few flashes (I guess it's quite a complex shape to cast).
  • Other than that a very nice mini. Simple yet characterful. Exactly what I needed for my O.U.E.P "Special Forces"!
Painted  and size comparison pic from Mr Harold at ClearHorizon.

1 comment:


  1. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

    remove before flight

    ReplyDelete